Friday, March 2, 2012

Proud Daddy

Well have had a few recovery days and am back to work on the training. Went for a nice easy jog on Wednesday. My son, Dakota, decided to go along. He has been wanting to do a triathlon and we are going to try to find a kids one for him to participate in this summer. He ran a little over 2 miles and I was super proud of him. He was wanting to take a little walk break and offered him to stop and he chose to finish up at the stop sign. Then at the end of the run I picked the pace up a little and he wouldn't let his daddy win. I was super proud of him showing those characteristics. Anyone who has competed or ran knows there are those time when you just have to push a little or go just a little farther than you think you can. For some of us those are our biggest accomplishments. So to see those characteristics in my son was really a proud moment for me personally. 


Well enough of the mushy stuff. lol Next event for me should be the Spring Fling in Norman, Ok on March 10th. It is a 10K and will be the first race for me at this distance. I have covered it in in training sessions so I am looking forward to this next challenge. Not a lot of days to get ready though!! Hope everyone's training is going well!! Feel free to comment if you would like to ask me a question or talk about a certain subject. I hope to get into specific subjects and what I have learned as a newbie triathlete in the next few articles.


Have a great day!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment