Saturday, March 10, 2012

1st 10K Race Today

Today was my first attempt at a 10K race. I found it to be a successful day. I was able to keep a good pace today. So obviously I was super happy about that accomplishment. The race was in Norman, Oklahoma and the course was around the beautiful campus of Oklahoma University. It was a balmy 37 degrees at the start of the race. I was in cold weather garb that admittedly I don't normally wear because when its cold I venture inside. The sun did come out and although it never got warm it did get warm enough to take off my gloves and ear warmers. The only negative out of the race is that my right calf is a little tight so will be some icing for it tonight. Guess it was a no pain no gain day today.

I was really wanting to race at this distance as it is the run distance of an Olympic Distance Triathlon. Now all I have to do is get in shape to add a 1500 meter swim and 24 mile bike ride. I sure look forward to training for it and giving it a tri.

Next up for me is the A2A race in Ardmore, Oklahoma on April Fools Day. What I am hoping for in that race is that my sister completes her first 5K. She has started doing the couch to 5K. I will be super proud of her is she goes through with running. It is also a for a wonderful cause to help fund the Ardmore Cancer Center. Which I have unfortunately have had to use in the past. The new center looks unbelievably nice and it is a blessing to the area.

Happy Fitness Everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment